Carrot-Avocado-Power Blender Soup
A very tasty, raw, but hot soup, that you can whizz up within a few minutes – this is real ‘fast food’ that is so good for you, too. One of the best investments I made around 20 years ago was my Vita Mix Power Blender (yes, you are reading right – 20 years and still going strong!). And there were not many days in those 20 years when I did not use it. It is immensely versatile. Today there are a number of different makes on the market. A good, affordable one is the HiBlend – well worth saving up for, it pays for itself in a short period of time.
use organic wherever possible; makes 3 – 4 portions.
- 3 – 4 medium size carrots
- 1/2 – 1 ripe avocado
- 1 vegetable stock cube or 1 – 2 teaspoons vegetable stock paste
- ground cumin to taste
- juice of 1/2 lemon (or more if avocado is big)
- dash of Shoyu
- 1 medium size clove garlic
- 1 spring onion
- boiling water – approx. 1 cup
- Cut carrot into large chunks
- place all ingredients, except the sprouts, into power blender
- add just boiled, filtered water to cover the vegetables
- run power blender on high for 1 – 2 minutes, until smooth & soup is hot, but not boiling (boiling would destroy valuable enzymes in the vegetables, you should still be able to put a finger into the soup and leave it there without burning yourself).
- pour soup into bowls & sprinkle with sprouts and maybe a bit of paprika
If you liked this article you should follow me on twitterFollow @SylviaLampe