Crustless Vegetable Pie
This vegetable pie is great for those of us who are always in a hurry and don’t have time to prepare crusts. I used organic vegetables and eggs. Just serve with a big green salad, and you have a quick and very tasty lunch or dinner ready that everyone will enjoy.
I used organic ingredients – you can also experiment with different vegetables (eg: mushrooms, peppers, celery, fennel, egg plant etc) , and quantities, but here is how I did it:
- 2 Tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 200 g broccoli florets
- 2 medium potatoes, unpeeled but scrubbed and cubed
- 1 medium butternut, peeled, seeds removed & cubed (roast seeds with a little olive oil & herbal salt along the pie – they make a delicious snack)
- 1 medium to large carrot, scrubbed & chopped into small cubes
- handful of chopped spinach or swiss chard leaves
- handful of chopped tomatoes
- 1 large or a few small garlic cloves, chopped or minced
- 2 cm piece of grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon caraway seeds
- a few whole chillis (fresh or dried) – remove them after cooking, before eating.
- origanum and/or thyme
- fresh or dried basil, chopped
- Italian parsley, chopped
- 50 g of goats milk gouda or cheddar, cut into very small cubes
- 2 Tablespoons of cream cheese or sour cream or creme fraiche
- 5 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- melt coconut oil over low heat
- add all the vegetables and spices (except eggs, cream cheese and goats milk cheese)
- saute over low heat until vegetables begin to soften, stirring often
- beat eggs & cream cheese together, add salt & pepper
- Mix in goats milk cheese
- Mix egg mixture with vegetables.
- Place into oiled baking pan
- Bake at 160 – 180 degr. C for approx. 30 minutes.
If you liked this article you should follow me on twitterFollow @SylviaLampe