Make your own sunscreen
In my search for natural sun screens without all the harmful chemicals I came across this recipe, which I am going to try out on my next beach holiday.
- 70 g apricot kernel oil
- 35 g coconut oil
- 35 g bees wax
- 100 g distilled water
- 2 tablespoons zinc oxide
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ oil
- combine first three ingredients in a saucepan over low heat
- mix gently until well combined, then remove from heat
- add distilled water & stir until thick and smooth
- add zinc oxide and wheat germ oil.
- leave to set and store in a dark coloured glass jar.
If you liked this article you should follow me on twitterFollow @SylviaLampe