Mushrooms – marinated, sun dried, raw
This is a true energy saver, if you use the sun (use dehydrator or low – less than 50 degrees – oven on sunless days). The mushrooms become extremely tasty and can be eaten as is, mixed into salads, as a side dish, as part of fillings for wraps or as pizza toppings or in sandwiches, mixed into sprouted, cooked brown basmati rice, pasta … you get the gist, your imagination is the limit.
You can, of course, also ring the changes with different spices and herbs, eg: parsley, onion, chilli, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, a dash of white wine – experiment with different tastes.
- Button mushrooms, sliced
- Herbal or Himalaya Salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon of cold pressed olive oil or coconut oil
- dash of lemon juice
- mix all ingredients together very well in a flat dish – mushrooms should be well coated
- spread mushrooms out over dish
- cover with netting or fine wire mesh
- place in the sun for approx. 2 hours
If you liked this article you should follow me on twitterFollow @SylviaLampe