TIRAMISU – the easiest and fastest version ever
Not only is this recipe super quick and easy, it also contains less calories than the traditional version, as ricotta is used instead of mascarpone, but it tastes just as delicious. If you need a quick dessert for a special dinner, then this is it, as long as you are not dairy or wheat intolerant or vegan.
- 900 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh cream
- 4 eggs
- 200 g castor sugar (or a mixture of xylitol & coconut blossom sugar)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 250 ml strong coffee, sweetened
- 1/3 cup Amaretto liqueur or 4 tablespoons brandy or rum
- 1 packet Boudoir biscuits
- cocoa powder to dust
- Place ingredients from number 1. to 6. above in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add alcohol to the coffee.
- Dip Boudoir biscuits into coffee and line the bottom of a glass bowl with half the biscuits.
- Pour half the blended mixture over the biscuits.
- Place the other half of the biscuits on top
- Pour the rest of the blended mixture over the top.
- Cover and put in fridge for 3 – 4 hours or overnight.
- Dust with cocoa powder before serving
Makes 6 servings.
If you liked this article you should follow me on twitterFollow @SylviaLampe