These biscuits are similar to the Greek “Kourabides” or the Austrian “Vanillekipferln” but much healthier and very quick to prepare. They freeze well, so make a double batch and keep one in the freezer for unexpected visitors.
- 3 cups oats, finely ground in blender
- 1/2 cup organic, cold pressed, odourless coconut oil – gently melted, (or cold pressed olive oil)
- 1/2 cup of raw, unheated, untreated honey (or coconut blossom sugar and a little water)
- natural vanilla extract or powder
- 1 cup walnuts or pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- optional: icing sugar mixed with natural vanilla powder for dusting the biscuits with
- place all ingredients, except icing sugar, into a bowl
- mix everything together into a soft dough
- roll small balls and place on baking tray
- flatten with a fork
- bake at +/- 160 degrees C for about 15 – 20 minutes, until biscuits are golden.
- roll in vanilla-icing sugar whilst still hot (optional)
- let cool and store in air tight container or freeze
- for a raw version: dehydrate the biscuits for several hours in the sun or the dehydrator or low oven instead of baking them.
If you liked this article you should follow me on twitterFollow @SylviaLampe