Delicious, Quick and Easy Sandwich Spread or Dip
This recipe can also be made into a sweet spread, by omitting all the savoury ingredients and adding honey, organic cocoa, vanilla.
Freezes well – make a batch and freeze in portions. Great instead of butter.
- 2 cups raw cashew nuts, soaked (2 – 8 hrs) OR 2 cups macademia nuts (no need to soak)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp water (or more, if you want to make a dip)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Himalaya Salt or herbal salt to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- Place all ingredients into power blender or food processor and mix until smooth
- Add one or more of the following:
- ½ cup chopped chives
- any other chopped herb
- finely chopped spring onions
- chilli, paprika
- caraway seeds
- garam masala or curry powder
In a hurry? Try this quick version of the above:
- 2 cups soaked cashews or macademia nuts (no need to soak) – or a mixture of both
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/4 cup miso (or Thai green curry paste, or a mixture of both)
Mix everything in power blender until smooth & enjoy.
If you liked this article you should follow me on twitterFollow @SylviaLampe