Greek Yoghurt Pie with Wine Leaves
A delicious, very easy and quick recipe – wonderful for light summer lunches or as a starter.
- 500 ml thick Greek yoghurt
- 100 g corn flour (look for a GM free one)
- 1 cup spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 1 cup fresh mint or spear mint, chopped
- herbal or Himalaya salt to taste
- bottled wine leaves
- +/1 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- In a bowl mix together yoghurt and cornflour
- Add herbs and seasoning
- Brush an oven proof dish with olive oil
- Line the bottom and sides of the dish with a layer of vine leaves, overlapping, so there are no gaps
- Brush vine leaves lightly with olive oil
- Pour in yoghurt mixture
- Top with remaining vine leaves and brush with olive oil
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for approx. 45 minutes.
- Let pie cool – it becomes firmer as it cools.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with black olives, a mixed salad and ciabbatta with small bowls of salty olive oil for dipping the bread
Keeps at room temperature overnight; in fridge for 2 – 3 days; can be frozen and re-heated.
Serves 6 – 8.
If you liked this article you should follow me on twitterFollow @SylviaLampe