PEANUT BUTTER / RAW CACAO FUDGE PIE – super fast & easy
This yummy fudge pie is an adaptation of a recipe in the old La Leche League Cookbook. It is so easy and quick with a rich taste, but at the same time sugar, diary & wheat free. It freezes well. Suitable for Passover, as it does not contain leaven.
- 3/4 cup of carob powder
- 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
- (or use only carob or cacao)
- 1/4 cup of rice milk powder
- 1 cup peanut butter (sugar free and unsalted!)
- 1 cup raw honey
- 6 eggs (from free range & grain fed chickens, preferably organic)
- natural vanilla powder
- Makes 24 squares – this is a rich pie, so keep pieces small.
for the icing (optional):
- icing sugar
- any liqueur – the creamy ones like Baileys or Amarula are the best
- Place all ingredients (except icing) in a mixing bowl
- Mix well at high speed for several minutes with an electric hand mixer
- Pour into baking pan
- Bake at 150 degr C for approx. 15 – 20 minutes,until centre does not look wet any more and an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Mix icing ingredients until you get a thick paste
- Pour icing over pie whilst still warm, sprinkle with grated, dark chocolate (optional)
- Cut pie into slices or squares and carefully lift out onto serving dish or into plastic container to freeze
If you liked this article you should follow me on twitterFollow @SylviaLampe