ZUCCHINI-PASTA WITH ALMOND SAUCE
This recipe was adapted from one featured in an issue of the German Shape Magazine. It is very quick to prepare and low fat but at the same time very satisfying and filling, keeping blood sugar levels balanced for a long time. The quantities given are for one portion, however you can simply multiply ingredients depending on the number of people you would like to prepare the dish for.
Ingredients for 1 portion
- 2 – 3 teaspoons ground almonds (or almond flour)
- 60 – 80 g spaghetti (spelt or other whole grain or gluten free)
- Himalaya salt or herbal salt
- a handful of basil leaves
- 1 garlic glove
- 50 ml vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small zucchinis (= baby marrows) (or 1/2 of a large one)
- beet root or other sprouts to garnish
- Dry-roast almonds in a pan over medium heat (stirring constantly to prevent burning) approx. 3 – 5 minutes
- Boil pasta in plenty of salt water until al dente
- Finely chop basil leaves and garlic
- Mix basil, garlic, vegetable broth, almonds, 1/2 tablespoon oil and salt to taste
- Wash zucchini & cut into fine strips.
- Heat other 1/2 tablespoon of oil over low heat in a pan, add zucchini strips & steam for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Mix drained pasta with almond sauce and zucchini strips, add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with beet root or other sprouts.
If you liked this article you should follow me on twitterFollow @SylviaLampe